We are here to help you.
Please get in touch if you would like a tour of the facility or information about Garden Club events.
Garden Club of Jacksonville
1005 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Denise M. Reagan
Denise spent 25 years in journalism as a writer, editor, designer, and manager of newspapers and websites across the country. She returned to Jacksonville to work at The Florida Times-Union, where she led the news, design, copy editing, graphics, photo, and video departments. As editor of Folio Weekly, she wrote regularly about politics, culture, and Downtown Jacksonville. As director of communications for the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, she oversaw all public relations, marketing, and social media. She later joined Brunet-García Advertising, where she communicated the agency’s messages externally and internally across all platforms. For five years, Denise served as an adjunct professor at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications where she taught a news design class. She is an experienced public speaker who has led seminars all over the United States and in Mexico, Canada, and China. She serves on the board of PB&J Jacksonville and The 5 & Dime, A Theatre Company, and volunteers for litter control projects, Changing Homelessness, the Society for News Design, and Online News Association. She also writes about Downtown for The Florida Times-Union and J Magazine.
Damien Lamar Robinson
Damien’s background in banking, finance, graphic design, web development, nonprofits, fundraising, and the arts provides a wealth of knowledge to draw from for his position at the Garden Club. He was one of the original team members for Friends of Hemming Park, serving as operations manager and director of office administration where he oversaw daily events, managed vendors, coordinated capital improvements, and supervised the park’s ambassadors. Previously, he worked for Fidelity National Financial as a legal assistant and accounts payable specialist. Damien also worked for First Union Bank as a corporate services analyst and at Bank of America, where he was a post-closing mortgage specialist. He also ran his own web development and management company for four years, serving small businesses and nonprofits. Many people recognize Damien as the host of WJCT’s “Taste Test,” which he launched in 2017 to encourage audiences to broaden their musical palate and redefine urban radio. He is also a singer, songwriter, and sound designer who often performs with his band Neon Motherboard.
Facility Maintenance Technician
Facility Maintenance Technician
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
Assistant to the Treasurer
Advisor to President
The Garden Club often seeks people to assist in executing successful events while creating an exceptional experience for all guests. If you are interested in joining the Garden Club team, please contact us.
The Garden Club of Jacksonville seeks a part-time event ambassador to assist in executing successful events while creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Support the Garden Club’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect for the individual, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Assist team with set-ups, last-minute changes, and event troubleshooting.
- Welcome guests in an engaging manner as they arrive and depart.
- Respond to guest needs as necessary. Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
- Ensure all event spaces are properly maintained, clean and free of safety hazards. Maintain constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, spills, and leaks).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy when interacting with vendors, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Ability to solve problems in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants should call 904-355-4224 or email a résumé to email@example.com.
The Garden Club offers internships all year long to college students who want to earn credit hours and get valuable hands-on experience. We have an opportunity for you, whether you’re pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, history, computer science, education, nonprofit management, sustainability, landscape architecture, or other areas.
The Garden Club provides a rewarding environment for high school students who want to volunteer. Your community service hours will satisfy the eligibility requirements for Florida Bright Futures Scholarships and enhance your résumé for college applications and other scholarships. Please contact us for volunteer opportunities, such as beautification projects, sustainability projects, event management assistance, social media marketing, historic archiving, and more.