After celebrating our 100th anniversary, the Garden Club of Jacksonville is looking forward to the next 100 years of building connections, preserving green spaces, and championing environmental responsibility.
The Garden Club is seeking members for the Board of Trustees with the term beginning June 1, 2023. Rotation of leadership is crucial to our continuing growth and success, so the three-year terms are staggered to ensure a mix of experienced and new leadership. Whatever your background, we would love the opportunity to connect your talents and interests to serve on our active board. The work of Garden Club has its greatest impact through diversity of members, variety in skills, and assorted perspectives. But the most important qualities are enthusiasm and commitment!
What are the requirements?
- You must be one of our more than 1,000 Friends and Circle members.
- Please read the Expectations of Trustees document. It summarizes the commitment we are asking from you.
- Download, complete, and send us a Nomination Form.
Once we receive your form, a member of the Governance Committee will contact you. We would like an opportunity to chat with you about the role you would like to have at the Garden Club and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
Please submit the Nomination Form to Lauren Baxter by March 31, 2023.
If you have questions, any member of the Governance Committee, listed below, will be happy to discuss them with you.
2022-2023 Governance Committee
- Lauren Baxter, Empire Point Garden Circle
- John Burr, Friend of the Garden Club of Jacksonville
- Julia Howard, Point La Vista Garden Circle
- Cyndy Reynolds, Ortega Forest Garden Circle
- Shari Thanner, San Marco Garden Circle